Tuesday 15 January 2019

creating and making games in the 5th garde

This is the first time I'm using this format and I'm not so sure I'm doing it right but, here it goes. 

I used a few of my lessons with my 5th graders to come up with a topic that they like and create board games in English. 
The pupils are divided into groups and came up with amazing things such as Fortnite Monopoly, go fish around the world (food around the world), memory game, a book of games e.t.c
Before collecting the games in a box you should make sure there are no spelling and grammar mistakes, you also have to make sure that everyone in the group took part in the process of making the game.
I collected all of the games and put everything in a box in the classroom. Now we have a lovely shared games corner in our classroom and pupils can go and play whenever they've finished a task. 
I really recommend doing this activity with your students. This can really enrich their vocabulary in a fun and exciting way. You can also use this activity to practice grammar and basically whatever you like,    

Ganit, Ahavat Zion

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to have a games corner in the classroom. It can really come in handy especially with the pupils who are quick to finish the classwork I assign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganit, thank you for sharing with us your experience. Having your pupils work on projects they are interested in is a wonderful way to increase their motivation. The fact that you'll be now using their prodcuts as "anchor activities" is great!

    ReplyDelete