Saturday 12 January 2019

news quiz- in 10th grade


I would like to share with you what I have done in my 10th class, 5 pointers.
I loved the amazing idea of "News quiz" (thank you Leo,the course's lecturer),and I thought that it could be a great opportunity to combine fun and enriching the general knowledge of my students.

I followed Leo's instructions on his amazing website and chose to use the intermediate level for my students.Additionally,I downloaded the different exercises to practice the new collocations.

I went over the new words with the students,as a pre-activity.
I also let them use their cellphones because I could not count on their knowledge. 

To sum up, they enjoyed it immensely and worked wonderfully together.The winners got a bonus.I attach some pictures to give you a glimpse of my classroom.Enjoy!

The activity was done in our new English classroom.You can see a smart board with movable chairs-tables.

I would like to hear and experience more fun activities to apply in my class.Do you have interesting ideas?





8 comments:

  1. Chany, it seems your students were motivated and interested and they enjoyed the activity, which makes the learning experience more effective. Well done!

    I'm looking at the movable chairs with envy. Last week the teachers of our school visited Googia in Kfar Batya. We saw there such movable chairs with writing boards for the first time and other exciting pieces of furniture which can help kids (and adults, too) interact while working together. We sat on them and they were extremely comfortable and inviting for forming up work groups.
    Having an English room is also a dream...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!
      The English room is a dream that came true...
      I have worked on it on the summer vacation and the final result deserves it!

      Delete
  2. I teach in the elementary school and work with young learners. But I know for sure how difficult to have 10 graders interested and engaged during the English lesson. Your activity sounds great. The learning environment looks wonderful.I like the color. Green is a very relaxing color. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you used my materials and that it worked well. Check out follow-up activities too. Unfortunately I can't find the time to create a Quizlet set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that looks amazing. I really like this activity as well. I thinks that it is always a good thing to use relevant everyday life issues to connect vocabulary and grammar in class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chani, thanks for sharing with us your experience. I also find this activity engaging and important. I believe that one of our goals as educators is to connect our students to the social world we are all part of. It seems like you achieved significant goals through your activity, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. as Chani's colleague, i can say that the students really liked it. they worked on their English as well as on their knowledge.
    i really appriciate Chani's work.

    ReplyDelete