Saturday 27 April 2019

" A girl on a train" - Just sit down and enjoy the ride...

I've heard about this book from some facebook groups I'm in and I've wanted to read this book for a long time and just couldn't find the time for it. Finally, I've got it from my younger sister and started to read it during Passover vacation.

This book is very interesting and tricky but I've got to say that it takes a few turns of pages to fall in love with. It starts with the main character "Rachel Watson" who rides the commuter rail to and from London every day for work. she gazes outside the window and imagines the perfect lives of a couple she sees every day in their own apartment while riding the train. one day she notices something else, she sees another feminine figure with the husband while his wife is gone missing...

This is one of these books that doesn't catch your attention at the very beginning but I highly recommend keep reading through the first quarter although it has a boring routine of train traveling. Once you've passed this part in the book I can assure you would not want to put it down.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ganete, sounds very interesting!
    I will take the book from the library.
    I used to thrillers and love this genre very much but I rely on your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite liked the film - they moved the story to New York though. Have you seen it? How do the two compare?
    L

    ReplyDelete