Saturday 27 April 2019

 I would like to share with you an amazing experience I had experienced some years ago. More than that, I would like to share an insight of a-24-year-old, inspired by that experience. This post is about had a journey from New York to Florida.
      Today, after traveling for nineteen hours from New York to Florida in a car with five children including two babies, I know that everything is possible. Then, I was sure that I would never get to my destination.
      The first three hours were o.k. There were movies, nosh and good music which created a kind of serenity in the car. But When "Home Alone" was played for the fifth time, I felt I lost my head. I just wanted to scream "stopppppppppppp" but I couldn't.
       At some point, I did not know where to put myself; I didn’t find a place to stretch my legs, a place to lean my head and a place to pull my hands. I just asked myself: "What I am doing here? This journey is the worst mistake ever."
      I was on the brink of crying. The knowledge of the experience I would have in Florida calmed me down. Moreover, the knowledge of the descriptions that my friends were going to hear made me proud. Somehow, I survived until the car arrived at the destination. The week we spent in Orlando was worth it.
On a personal note, you may giggle, why she is making such a big deal, but for me, such a long journey provided an inspiration. Go ahead! Blow your own horn!
Do not forget-
You can do everything.
The impossible in most cases, is possible.
Be proud of yourself.
Life is too short to wear boring clothes. (I put this sticker on my clothes go for it too!)

4 comments:

  1. Dear Chani,
    Your post is so inspirational. You must be such a brave Mama to go on such a trip with five children and a baby. I have never been to New York or Florida or anywhere in the states. It has always been my dream to visit America and I have never had the chance mainly because of my young children. Reading your post inspire me to follow my dream and take the chance with my kids abroad even though it scares me to travel far away with them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so funny cause only now i see that we shared more or less the same story of being in a car for a long while.
    but as you said, it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny, indeed. Very similar experiences.
      L

      Delete
  3. Dear Chani,
    As a claustrophobic I find your experience extremely relateable!
    I was on the same journey from NYC to Orlando seven years ago and I remember that feeling.
    Good for you for looking on the bright side of the story!

    Tomer

    ReplyDelete