Saturday 27 April 2019

Relax and Enjoy the Ride

Have you considered where to travel next? Visit Austria and you will never regret it! In this article I will share with you my unforgettable experience of touring around this beautiful country.

Austria is a huge lovely country with pristine lakes and lush greenery. When my husband and I took a trip to Austria, we rented a car and drove to many remarkable villages. Renting a car was essential so that we could be mobile and spontaneous on our trip. While driving, we were surprised to see that some of the roads were over mountains and through tunnels carved out of rock. Some of the tunnels were so long that it took more than 3 minutes to travel it. During our long drives, we crossed some vast areas of natural beauty. I was excited as a child to see cows, sheep and horses grazing on the open fields. Moreover, on our way to the destinations we pulled over by magical blue lakes and rivers. We also had a chance to see from a distance a waterfall rushing down a snowy cliff, although it was July.

In addition, I was fascinated by the way people live in the peaceful, quiet villages. One of the villages we visited, which was engraved in my mind, was picturesque Hallstatt. There, we walked along the lake to the old town, dined in a famous restaurant and ordered a fish from the lake. On yet another trip in the car, we heard about another magical place called Jägersee. There we rowed a boat in a crystal-clear lake and fed swans and ducks. Then, we enjoyed a delicious meal in a restaurant overlooking the lake.


To sum up, I highly recommend taking a trip to Austria, enjoying long drives through the country and visiting unforgettable villages. But, don’t forget to come back to our precious country which will never be replaced in our hearts.



Jägersee

Hallstatt





3 comments:

  1. What a lovely review! I'm actually considering a few destinations for my next trip. You gave me some food for thought, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austria is indeed beautiful! Shiran, you sent me back to my 2-week vacation there with my sister, my nephew, a friend of hers and her daughter. There are many places to visit and to enjoy. I'm watching pictures now and re-living the journey. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures indeed make it come alive. I've also been to a few lakes in Austria - not the ones in the photos but they look pretty similar
    L

    ReplyDelete